about Cameron panelbeaters
Cameron Panelbeaters was established in 1974 by Andy Cameron. It was in that first panel shop, in Rosebank Road, Avondale, that Cameron Panelbeaters’ reputation for quality and affordability was established. 16 years later, in 1990, Andy purchased on old shoe factory at 11 Puriri Street, New Lynn and singlehandedly converted it to the panel beating workshop that the company occupies today.
When Andy’s son, Brent, finished school, he joined the family business as an apprentice panel beater before spending six years honing his skills in a variety of specialist workshops across the Tasman.
Since returning to New Zealand, Brent has become the sole owner of Cameron Panelbeaters (2005) Ltd where he continues to grow the company reputation by providing the same quality, customer-focused service that Cameron Panelbeaters is known for.
What Makes Us a Good Choice?
Our motto is simple; we aim to be Professional, Competitive and Reliable. Those three words encompass the values and work ethic of the team at Cameron Panelbeaters Ltd.
Our professional approach to all we do relates to the quality of our work and our focus on 100% customer satisfaction with every job. For your protection and assurance, we are members of the Collision Repair Association (CRA) and the Motor Trade Association (MTA).
Our desire to be competitive goes beyond panel beating at an affordable price. It’s about getting your vehicle back to you as quick as our high standards of quality and safety allow.
The team at Cameron Panelbeaters knows how important it is to get your car back on the road ASAP. That’s why we make sure, once we start work on your car, you are back in the driver’s seat, with a quality repair, as quickly as possible. And, if there are any holdups, we will keep you informed every step of the way.
Our Quality Policy Statement
Cameron Panelbeaters 205 Ltd is committed to providing the highest possible Customer Care through the effective implementation and maintenance of a quality assurance programme that will assist us to:
- Continually look for improvements in our services and products provided to our customers.
- Provide efficiencies to the business so that we are both competitive and profitable.
- Provide staff with training in all areas, good resources, and a productive working environment to ensure they perform to the best of their ability and can contribute to the overall improvement and well-being of our company.
- Provide a management framework that will enable us to monitor and control all working aspects to meet our customers’ needs.
- Comply with all relevant laws and regulations relating to the industry.